Monday, February 18, 2013

Don't Carpe Diem - from Momastery

I discovered a blog last year called Momastery, which is, as you might have suspected, is mainly applicable to moms, with a tagline of "Stepping Back, Slowing Down, and Focusing Up." I became aware of the blog through a share on Facebook of this post: 2011 Lesson #2 : Don’t Carpe Diem.

AMAZING Post.

I found myself nodding, yes, yes, EXACTLY! as I read. I've read several of Glennon's other posts since then - I've laughed (especially about the Yes, This Really Happened post), I've cried, I've read them aloud to my husband and he's laughed with me. The On Gifts and Talents was particularly applicable as we're adjusting to having 'school agers'.

It's true, as a mom, I can hardly go a day without somebody telling me 'how fast these days go', 'treasure every moment', etc.  One of my kids came home with a prize from the treasure box that was a disguise kit from Chick Fil A. The kit actually included a "Parent Guide" with these words on the top "Inspiring You to Make Every Moment with Your Child Count". Yes, you even hear it from kid's meal toys. It can be tiring if you lose perspective!

How about less pressure to do, be, give the appearance of. More fun with the family! Maybe it's time for a trip to the beach!




No comments:

Post a Comment